Message from the Town of Greenville on the Coronavirus [UPDATE 3/16/2020]
UPDATE 3/16/2020: We have decided to close the Water Utility offices to the public for the safety of our staff and the community. This decision follows the steps laid out in our business continuity plan. Customers may still make payment by the following methods;
1. Drop payments at the office,
2. Mail payments - P.O. Box 188, Greenville, IN 47124
3. Pay Online - https://www.visitgreenvillein.com/pay-your-bill
4. Pay by phone - 1-855-383-0769
5. Text pay - Go to https://visitgreenvillein.com/pay-your-bill and click "pay now" to sign up for this option.
Town staff are still available via phone (812.923.9821) and email Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm.
ORIGINAL MESSAGE - 3/13/2020 - I want to assure you that the Town of Greenville has contingency plans in place to prevent service disruptions due to coronavirus potential impacts, as we do for any number of scenarios. These include comprehensive continuity plans for all our water distribution, wastewater treatment, and all critical operations. Those plans include the ability to support operations from alternative work locations for staff where necessary.
At this time, the Greenville Water Utility offices remain open to the public. However, in order to keep our residents and our staff as healthy as possible, we are requesting that residents wishing to complete town business over the coming days and weeks do so remotely and refrain from coming to the offices in person, to the extent possible. This is a very difficult decision to make, however the health and safety of our community and our employees is our utmost priority. We thank you in advance for your understanding and your cooperation in this matter.
Town staff are available via phone (812.923.9821) and email Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm.
The Town is also partnering with the Floyd County Emergency Management Agency to coordinate on emergency planning. You can find information posted by them at there website https://floydcountyema.org/
Please note the following recommendations for keeping yourself and your workplace safe:
- Avoid handshaking with guests or business associates. Use other noncontact methods of greeting.
- Disinfect customer touch points and sanitize surfaces more frequently including personal work spaces, doorknobs, tables and handrails.
- Stay home if you are sick, exhibiting symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath, have a temperature over 100.4° OR have a sick family member in your home.
- Limit handling of cash when possible. When cash transactions are unavoidable, seek regular intervals for thorough hand washing and avoid touching your face or shared surfaces until you are able to do so.
- Clean hands on a regular schedule and sanitize frequently.
Andy J. Lemon, CFE | Town Council
9706 Clark Street
Greenville, IN 47124